Recruitment of Group Leaders for *EIH November, December & January has closed!
Deadline to apply: September 18 (Sun), 2022
*English Immersion Hour (EIH) events (ONLINE)
If you are looking for some events or activities that you think you want to contribute in some ways to Japanese English education development, especially to elementary school students, this might be for you!! Do continue reading..
Kumon Institute of Education Co., Ltd, Global Network Team (GNT) is recruiting Group Leaders (paid Volunteers) both International & Japanese, university students and non-students, who are enthusiastic, energetic, passionate, enjoy working with children and adults & willing to commit their time to take the role as group facilitator in our English Immersion Hour (EIH) program for Japanese elementary 3rd – 6th-grade students.
Our hope for the children joining our EIH
We hope that children are able to..
- Experience the results of daily English learning in just a short period time.
- Communicate with people of different backgrounds and nationalities while staying at home.
- Feel the joy of communicating in English.
If you are new to our EIH program before proceeding further with the application please click the below button ‘About EIH’ to understand more about EIH.
Incentives for Group Leaders in joining EIH program!
- Gain skills on how to handle Japanese elementary students online and have an amazing experience with them.
- Get to experience and widen your perspective working with the diversity of EIH group leaders from different countries and backgrounds.
- Receive an appreciation (thank you) fee of ¥2,000 for every training(s) attended and EIH session(s) participated.
- Receive a digital certificate upon completion of training 1 & 2, participation in EIH sessions (2 or more sessions) and submission of feedback surveys.
EIH digest video
Group Leaders impression video
|Students or non-students||Undergraduate to Post graduate, Researcher or non-students|
|Age||18 years and above|
|Nationality||No particular country|
|Language skill||English (easy and simple to understand for Japanese elementary students)|
|Contact||E-mail and another contact detail (e.g. LINE, WhatsApp, Facebook or phone number in Japan)|
|Experience||Prior work experience with children is not necessary. Most importantly, we are looking for candidates who like interacting with children and adults, understand how to approach Japanese EFL children and are passionate about nurturing their growth within a short duration. In addition, open-minded and able to work as a team player.|
|Schedule||MUST be available on both trainings 1 & 2 AND EIH event day. For Training 1, it will be held on November 13 (Sun) and Training 2 it will be on Saturday, the day before the actual EIH event day. These are the actual EIH Event dates: (EIH NOV. 20 (Sun) / EIH DEC. 18 (Sun) / EIH JAN. 29 (Sun)).
All trainings will be held in the morning from 10 am Japan Standard Time (JST). EIH events will be held the whole day. Therefore do make yourself available for the whole day.
|Equipment||1. Computer with camera and mic.
2. Stable internet connection.
3. ZOOM (downloaded) Familiarity with Zoom software is preferable but not a must.
|Japan Bank Account||Applicants residing outside of Japan are welcome to apply as long as there is a Japan bank account you can use to receive. using bank transfer, for the appreciation fee.|
Recruitment Process, Requirements and Application
- 01 Apply and complete the questions through the online application, click ‘APPLY HERE’ button below
** For first timer applying to EIH program, it is compulsory for you to read the ‘e-EXPLANATORY’ course available online (UMU) to understand who we are and what we do. You need to sign up if you do not have one and then register (free) with your own name. Click on the ログイン (at the top right) and click 言語 to change to English. Once you have selected the language click 完了. Enter the necessary information and click ‘Register now’ and you can start the course. You must go through each section unless it says (optional) before pressing ‘Next’ to proceed on the next topic or slides. At the end of the course you are required to submit a task. Access code and link to UMU can be found in the application form.
**Please be careful, your chance of becoming a Group Leader will be lesser if you could not complete the online ‘e-EXPLANATORY’ course (UMU) AND the required task.
- 03 Receive an email with the interview time slot and reply to the e-mail immediately.
- 04 Receive confirmation email of participation and for successful applicants, you MUST complete the e-learning (part of group leaders training) course before attending the online face-to-face training. Group Leaders are not required to make their own program, other than ‘Let’s Travel’ activity, all activities have been prepared and designed by GNT.
- 05 MUST attend online face-to-face group leaders training, EIH event and feedback session at the end of EIH day. Finally, submit feedback questionnaire within the given deadline.
- 06 Upon completion of the process and fulfilment of all the requirements, including submitting of the feedback questionnaires, group leaders will be rewarded with the appreciation fee and are eligible for a digital certificate of participation.
EIH Event Dates
EIH May 2022
May 29 (Sun)
EIH June 2022
Jun 26 (Sun)
EIH July 2022
Jul 24 (Sun)
EIH September 2022
Sep 25 (Sun)
EIH October 2022
Oct 23 (Sun)
EIH November 2022
Nov 20 (Sun)
EIH December 2022
Dec 18 (Sun)
EIH January 2022
Jan 29 (Sun)
EIH February 2022
Feb 26 (Sun)
To be announced
EIH March 2022
Mar 19 (Sun)
To be announced
This year we are recruiting more group leaders, so make sure your application form is filled out! Failure to do that might affect your application! The result of your application will also be evaluated not only from the above-mentioned requirements, application form, or interview session but other factors too.
Application for the position of Group Leader of EIH NOVEMBER, DECEMBER & JANUARY has closed!!
For EIH February & March 2023 please fill out your information. GNT will contact you when the recruitment starts.
For inquiries please contact the Global Network Team (GNT) by e-mail at:
Global Network Team office hours:
Monday to Friday (10:00 -17:00). Saturday, Sunday & Public holidays (Close) All inquiries will be attend to in the next working days.